My mom got me addicted to chalupas! Here’s what you’ll need for my chaulpas!
- Yellow Corn Tortillas
- Refried Pinto Beans
- Roma Tomatoes
- EVOO (olive oil)
- On a cutting board, dice your roma tomatoes and chop your lettuce, cut your avocado in half
- In a small bowl, mash the the avocado into a mixture. Add Salt to taste.
- In a small frying pan, pour about 2 tablespoons of EVOO and heat in low-medium heat
- Once EVOO is warm enough, place a corn tortilla in the pan and fry.
- Do this for all the tortillas, and add more EVOO as needed
- *Optional: I like to pat down the fried tortillas with a paper town and get the excess oil out
- Spread your warm refried pinto beans on top of the tortillas
- Drizzle your lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado on top
**You could also add shredded cheese and sour cream, but being that I’m watching my figure, I just used avocado :)